LPLI, the Lewis Pastoral Leadership Inventory™
LPLI is a confidential, online, 360° leadership assessment instrument designed for those working in the church and other faith-based institutions. The Lewis Center for Church Leadership of Wesley Theological Seminary offers versions of LPLI for clergy, church staff, district superintendents, and bishops.
- Trusted and tested. Almost 5,000 leaders have used LPLI since 2006.
- Ministry enhancing. Provides tools for interpreting feedback and setting goals to enhance leadership effectiveness.
- Confidential. Only the church leader can authorize access to the assessment results. Feedback from individual observers is kept confidential and never provided to anyone else.
- Verified. Developed and field tested with rigorous standards for accuracy.
- Ecumenical. Leaders from dozens of different denominations as diverse as the United Methodist Church, the Salvation Army, and Reform Judaism have used LPLI.
- Customizable. Groups have the option of designing their own indicators or adding open-ended questions.
- Supported. Administered by the Lewis Center for Church Leadership, a trusted source of leadership research, ideas, and training.
- A Version Just for You. Ecumenical versions offered for clergy and church staff; United Methodist versions for district superintendents and bishops.
Watch an overview of LPLI from Lewis Center for Church Leadership Director F. Douglas Powe Jr.